Jevim. I have had many nicks over time. In order: Pyromaniac, KevinBear, and Jevim. At lesat, those are the three that ever meant much to me. I'll even tell you all about them!
Pyromanic: Fall, 1994. Freshman year of college, and I decided I'd run a BBS out of my dorm room. (We had a neat phone system in the dorms, where the phone was your "modem", just plug a serial cable right to it. This meant you could use the phone and use the "modem" at the same time, making this practical.) For some reason, I came up with "Fireworks" as the name for my BBS, probably because I had an ANSI animation program and thought it would be neat to make an ANSI animation of fireworks. So, who runs the fireworks stand? A pyromaniac, probably. Hence, Pyromaniac, although most of the type I just used Pyro. In a way, it was also a "taking-back" of a bad incident when I was young (maybe 6 years old), in which I got ahold of my mom's lighter and was "playing with it" in the kitchen. I think the only thing I did wrong was put the now-extinguished match in the trash without running it under the faucet for a bit. I don't think anything actually caught fire...
KevinBear. Later in college... the BBS didn't really last all that long, although the nick outlived the BBS. My now ex-girlfriend Emma and I ventured forth to the newsgroup alt.cuddle, and messaged around with everyone there. Pyro being not quite an alt.cuddle-capable nickname, KevinBear came forward from Emma's suggestion: my middle name, Kevin, and Bear. Har! I used KB for quite a long time... until I started venturing into other (primarly sex-oriented) IRC channels, where "Bear" had a different meaning.
Jevim. Under the suggestion of Emma, I took my middle name and moved the first and last characters back one step in the alphabet. Voila! Jevim, somewhat rare & unique in the world. In IRC, it's more often "jev" than "jevim", but we all like nice, short nicks, right?
Hrm, maybe I should save some space for the rest!
2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your Live Journal represent who you actually are?
Erm... maybe 7? Most anything sexual doesn't get posted in here, not even just for my friends. Although if someone really wanted to hear me ramble about that stuff too, I could just set up another filter ;-). On the topics that I post about, I generally post entirely like myself: I post what I'm thinking, without much filtering. My entries can fly around wildly, and I can post something and feel differently 5 minutes later. Just like the real me.
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
I post a lot about what I consider to be "big things" in my life. Sometimes excessively so. But I'm not going to turn into a moment-by-moment log of my life. Sorry, no breakfast or lunch menus here, unless the food is particularly amazing!
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about?
There are things I refuse to post publicly, and things I refuse to post even in friends-only entries, but pretty much everything has gotten air time in at least a private entry. Depending on how I feel, someday some of those entries might get turned into memories and opened up a bit; hence, why I post them in the journal anyway.
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
-12. Most of the time, I think people would have much better things to read about than my life.
6. From who/how did you find out about LJ?
From a bunch of people in the chat room for the NakkidNerds web site. (Yes, it is a pay-porn place.) Since I can't remember who exactly was responsible, I'll just credit... ummm... cloeigrrl, [Bad username: alternakittyn>, <lj user=], and melonaise, in no particular order!
7. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
lisana did, not entirely because of me, but I had my journal on LJ first. :^)
8. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
As of late, a good 50% are friends-only or even more filtered...
9. What is your favourite interest on LJ?
Ummm... this needs to be #20. ;-)
10. How many missing questions have their been on this survey that you've had to make up yourself?
None, but only because aelien27 beat me to it! But if I did have it to do, I don't think I'd mix up my homophones. :^)
11. How often do you respond to/comment on other peoples' journals?
Quite a bit, especially when there's something I can say. I feel bad leaving comments of "oh I'm so sorry things will get better" and the like, the things that really don't say much.
12. Do you prefer to write in your journal, read other journals?
I prefer reading other journals. I like knowing what people are up to. And it's just reassurance in a way that things are okay for them, and that they're still talking to me. :^)
13. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
Not that I'm aware of... but it's such a big place, I can't really say! (How can you tell if you have a really good ongoing stalker, anyway? ^_^ )
14. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?
15. Who are your favourite LJ friend(s) and why?
lisana, my fiancee.
babyraver, for teaching and helping me get out of my shell!
aelien27, because I'm yet another 27 at the moment :^)
kappadarappa, for reassuring me that I'm not alone in my mental defects
luxnightmare, Danger is her middle name! ^_^
16. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met?
26 friends, but five are communities, one person has two journals, and one of them is myself, so 19 unique friends. I have met 13 of them in person. Someday I will finish that task!
17. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
I'm starting to believe that kappadarappa is most like me, underneath the layers of protection we both put on for the world-at-large.
18. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?
Because they've been shown to be a cool person; double points if I met then in real life first. A lot of my friends now are people I met in-person first!
19. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
In the past I did, but I didn't really make any friends-only posts then. Right now, I'd be a lot less likely to return a friend link for no apparent reason.
20. What is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list?
Ummm... because they're actually related to me (scary, I don't want them knowing this stuff!).
21. Is your "significant other" on LJ?
Sure deal... lisana
22. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
Have, and did! ^_^ (babyraver and f0rge... I think I added aelien27 before I met him in person as well.)